Thursday, October 27, 2011

Strength.

You might not notice it if you saw me. It's subtle. But I'm changing. I'm growing stronger every day, making decisions to do what I have to do.

I got a job. It's a good office job, with a courier company. Great people, potential for growth, and I'm good at it, which makes me really happy.

I got an apartment. It's a small little place, cute, affordable, in a safe neighborhood.

Things are changing inside me, and I'm not sure yet how or why, but one thing I can tell you is that a year ago today, when I was celebrating my son's first birthday, I had no idea that any of this would come about. Now as I celebrate his second birthday, everything is different. And that's okay.

I used to be complacent. I used to let life happen to me.

Now I am making my life happen.

I have finally taken charge of who I am, what I stand for, what I I want out of life. I don't know all the answers - I don't know where I will be a year from now. I don't know what the ultimate goal is. But I am okay with not knowing.

Life is not an easy road for anyone. But it's good, no matter what curves it throws us.

No comments:

Post a Comment